Apr 29, 2012, 9:14 AM EDT
Fister has been on the disabled list since the first week of the regular season due to a costochondral (rib cage) strain that he suffered in the middle of his 2012 debut. He’s been playing catch for more than a week and made it through a full bullpen session Saturday without feeling any lingering discomfort.
Fister could rejoin the Tigers’ starting rotation after just one minor league start if everything goes well.
The 28-year-old right-hander has a 0.00 ERA through 3 2/3 innings this year after finishing with a stellar 2.83 ERA, 1.06 WHIP and 146/37 K/BB ratio in 216 1/3 frames last season between Detroit and Seattle.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 25
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 17
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)