Apr 30, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Andy Pettitte resumes his extended spring training prior to this inevitable promotion to the bigs where he’ll save the Yankees universe from the tyranny of Freddy Garcia and/or Phil Hughes. But first, a hiccup: he gave up six runs in five and two-thirds against Phillies minor leaguers in Clearwater in a rehab start today.
And you know it’s bad, because given how bad the Philly offense is, if these Phillies minor leaguers could hit anything, they’d be Phillies major leaguers right now!
OK, I suppose we’re gonna give this Pettitte kid the “everyone has a bad day” pass for now. Especially considering he didn’t walk anyone, struck out eight and because Joe Girardi said that some of the runs were given up on “wind-aided” homers.
But really, he had better show us something or else we might have no choice but to consider him a bust.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (151)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)