Apr 30, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Andy Pettitte resumes his extended spring training prior to this inevitable promotion to the bigs where he’ll save the Yankees universe from the tyranny of Freddy Garcia and/or Phil Hughes. But first, a hiccup: he gave up six runs in five and two-thirds against Phillies minor leaguers in Clearwater in a rehab start today.
And you know it’s bad, because given how bad the Philly offense is, if these Phillies minor leaguers could hit anything, they’d be Phillies major leaguers right now!
OK, I suppose we’re gonna give this Pettitte kid the “everyone has a bad day” pass for now. Especially considering he didn’t walk anyone, struck out eight and because Joe Girardi said that some of the runs were given up on “wind-aided” homers.
But really, he had better show us something or else we might have no choice but to consider him a bust.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17