Apr 30, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Andy Pettitte resumes his extended spring training prior to this inevitable promotion to the bigs where he’ll save the Yankees universe from the tyranny of Freddy Garcia and/or Phil Hughes. But first, a hiccup: he gave up six runs in five and two-thirds against Phillies minor leaguers in Clearwater in a rehab start today.
And you know it’s bad, because given how bad the Philly offense is, if these Phillies minor leaguers could hit anything, they’d be Phillies major leaguers right now!
OK, I suppose we’re gonna give this Pettitte kid the “everyone has a bad day” pass for now. Especially considering he didn’t walk anyone, struck out eight and because Joe Girardi said that some of the runs were given up on “wind-aided” homers.
But really, he had better show us something or else we might have no choice but to consider him a bust.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 14
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)