Apr 30, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
From the good news for the accountants department comes this tweet from the MLB public relations folks:
As end of April nears, @MLB attendance up +6.3% through same # of dates in ’11. 20 Clubs higher than last year.
— MLB Public Relations (@MLB_PR) April 30, 2012
They go on to note that part of this has to do with the relatively few rainouts this year as opposed to last year. I’m sure the new park in Florida has to be helping too.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)