Apr 30, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
From the good news for the accountants department comes this tweet from the MLB public relations folks:
As end of April nears, @MLB attendance up +6.3% through same # of dates in ’11. 20 Clubs higher than last year.
— MLB Public Relations (@MLB_PR) April 30, 2012
They go on to note that part of this has to do with the relatively few rainouts this year as opposed to last year. I’m sure the new park in Florida has to be helping too.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 11
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 52
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 179
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (179)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)