Apr 30, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
Lidge was placed on the 15-day disabled list last week with what was described as an abdominal wall strain. The 35-year-old right-hander isn’t expected to resume throwing for three weeks following surgery, so assuming he requires a minor league rehab assignment, it’s unlikely he’ll return to the Nationals until late May or early June.
Lidge has a 5.14 ERA and 7/7 K/BB ratio over seven innings this season. Henry Rodriguez, who blew his first save of the season Saturday night against the Dodgers, should serve as the Nationals’ primary closer for now.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (110)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)