Apr 30, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
Lidge was placed on the 15-day disabled list last week with what was described as an abdominal wall strain. The 35-year-old right-hander isn’t expected to resume throwing for three weeks following surgery, so assuming he requires a minor league rehab assignment, it’s unlikely he’ll return to the Nationals until late May or early June.
Lidge has a 5.14 ERA and 7/7 K/BB ratio over seven innings this season. Henry Rodriguez, who blew his first save of the season Saturday night against the Dodgers, should serve as the Nationals’ primary closer for now.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)