Apr 30, 2012, 9:13 AM EST
After a good rehab start at Double-A on Saturday, Bobby Valentine said that Daisuke Matsuzaka will make his next injury rehabilitation start for Triple A Pawtucket, and that it will be the third in what the Red Sox expect will be five minor league starts.
If that schedule holds, and if he sticks to a normal four days rests between starts, he would be available to pitch in the bigs as early as May 18.
He had been shooting for a June return. And given that he had his Tommy John surgery in early June last year, anything earlier than June would represent a pretty speedy recovery as far as these things go.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)