Apr 30, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
Coffey appeared in just three games before being shut down with a knee injury, but he returns after the minimum 15-day stay on the DL.
He presents no threat to Guerra’s ninth-inning duties–obviously Kenley Jansen would be the replacement closer if manager Don Mattingly makes a switch–but Coffey was quietly a very solid setup man while posting 3.68 ERA in 316 total innings from 2009-2011.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 30
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)