Apr 30, 2012, 8:46 PM EDT
It might be time for this All-Star to stop fancying himself a basestealer.
Evan Longoria left Monday’s game in the third inning with a sore left knee following an awkward slide into second base on a steal attempt. He was caught stealing on the play, leaving him just 2-for-5 in his steal attempts this season.
A Longoria injury would be very costly to the Rays. Light-hitting Elliot Johnson, a career .187 batter in 198 at-bats, replaced him in tonight’s game. Should Longoria land on the DL, it’s likely that Reid Brignac would be called up to play shortstop, with Sean Rodriguez sliding over to third.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 18
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (121)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)