Apr 30, 2012, 8:46 PM EDT
It might be time for this All-Star to stop fancying himself a basestealer.
Evan Longoria left Monday’s game in the third inning with a sore left knee following an awkward slide into second base on a steal attempt. He was caught stealing on the play, leaving him just 2-for-5 in his steal attempts this season.
A Longoria injury would be very costly to the Rays. Light-hitting Elliot Johnson, a career .187 batter in 198 at-bats, replaced him in tonight’s game. Should Longoria land on the DL, it’s likely that Reid Brignac would be called up to play shortstop, with Sean Rodriguez sliding over to third.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)