Apr 30, 2012, 8:46 PM EDT
It might be time for this All-Star to stop fancying himself a basestealer.
Evan Longoria left Monday’s game in the third inning with a sore left knee following an awkward slide into second base on a steal attempt. He was caught stealing on the play, leaving him just 2-for-5 in his steal attempts this season.
A Longoria injury would be very costly to the Rays. Light-hitting Elliot Johnson, a career .187 batter in 198 at-bats, replaced him in tonight’s game. Should Longoria land on the DL, it’s likely that Reid Brignac would be called up to play shortstop, with Sean Rodriguez sliding over to third.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)