Apr 30, 2012, 8:46 PM EDT
It might be time for this All-Star to stop fancying himself a basestealer.
Evan Longoria left Monday’s game in the third inning with a sore left knee following an awkward slide into second base on a steal attempt. He was caught stealing on the play, leaving him just 2-for-5 in his steal attempts this season.
A Longoria injury would be very costly to the Rays. Light-hitting Elliot Johnson, a career .187 batter in 198 at-bats, replaced him in tonight’s game. Should Longoria land on the DL, it’s likely that Reid Brignac would be called up to play shortstop, with Sean Rodriguez sliding over to third.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)