Apr 30, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
I love baseball and I love road trips, so when I see stuff like this, I’m gonna pass it along to you:
Wrigleyville, the neighborhood around Wrigley Field in Chicago, is the best baseball neighborhood in the country. But, for me, a road trip from Louisville, Ky., to Cooperstown, N.Y., is the quintessential baseball journey — from the place where bats are shaped to its greatest shrine, with stops along the way at great baseball parks.
The Louisville and Cooperstown parts of it are obvious, but there are some neat Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York stops in between that most of you probably haven’t considered.
Including Columbus, so if you make the trip, give me a call and I’ll let you buy me a beer.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 16
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 91
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)