Apr 30, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
I love baseball and I love road trips, so when I see stuff like this, I’m gonna pass it along to you:
Wrigleyville, the neighborhood around Wrigley Field in Chicago, is the best baseball neighborhood in the country. But, for me, a road trip from Louisville, Ky., to Cooperstown, N.Y., is the quintessential baseball journey — from the place where bats are shaped to its greatest shrine, with stops along the way at great baseball parks.
The Louisville and Cooperstown parts of it are obvious, but there are some neat Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York stops in between that most of you probably haven’t considered.
Including Columbus, so if you make the trip, give me a call and I’ll let you buy me a beer.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)