Apr 30, 2012, 12:32 PM EST
I love baseball and I love road trips, so when I see stuff like this, I’m gonna pass it along to you:
Wrigleyville, the neighborhood around Wrigley Field in Chicago, is the best baseball neighborhood in the country. But, for me, a road trip from Louisville, Ky., to Cooperstown, N.Y., is the quintessential baseball journey — from the place where bats are shaped to its greatest shrine, with stops along the way at great baseball parks.
The Louisville and Cooperstown parts of it are obvious, but there are some neat Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York stops in between that most of you probably haven’t considered.
Including Columbus, so if you make the trip, give me a call and I’ll let you buy me a beer.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)