Apr 30, 2012, 8:49 AM EST
Josh Hamilton has started the year strong, but he also appears to be starting the year in the same sort of ouchy and fragile state in which he always finds himself.
Hamilton left last night’s Rays-Rangers game after two innings due to a stiff back. Or a spasm, to hear him tell it. He said he was stiff when he woke up yesterday, felt fine after he got to the park and warmed it up, but then it went wonky as he left the batters box following a single off David Price.
He says he’ll play in Toronto today. One has to wonder if he shouldn’t take a break, though, due to the artificial turf up there, but it’s his body and he says he’s not all that concerned.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)