Apr 30, 2012, 8:49 AM EST
Josh Hamilton has started the year strong, but he also appears to be starting the year in the same sort of ouchy and fragile state in which he always finds himself.
Hamilton left last night’s Rays-Rangers game after two innings due to a stiff back. Or a spasm, to hear him tell it. He said he was stiff when he woke up yesterday, felt fine after he got to the park and warmed it up, but then it went wonky as he left the batters box following a single off David Price.
He says he’ll play in Toronto today. One has to wonder if he shouldn’t take a break, though, due to the artificial turf up there, but it’s his body and he says he’s not all that concerned.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)