Apr 30, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
Josh Hamilton has started the year strong, but he also appears to be starting the year in the same sort of ouchy and fragile state in which he always finds himself.
Hamilton left last night’s Rays-Rangers game after two innings due to a stiff back. Or a spasm, to hear him tell it. He said he was stiff when he woke up yesterday, felt fine after he got to the park and warmed it up, but then it went wonky as he left the batters box following a single off David Price.
He says he’ll play in Toronto today. One has to wonder if he shouldn’t take a break, though, due to the artificial turf up there, but it’s his body and he says he’s not all that concerned.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 41
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 214
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (214)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)