Apr 30, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
Josh Hamilton has started the year strong, but he also appears to be starting the year in the same sort of ouchy and fragile state in which he always finds himself.
Hamilton left last night’s Rays-Rangers game after two innings due to a stiff back. Or a spasm, to hear him tell it. He said he was stiff when he woke up yesterday, felt fine after he got to the park and warmed it up, but then it went wonky as he left the batters box following a single off David Price.
He says he’ll play in Toronto today. One has to wonder if he shouldn’t take a break, though, due to the artificial turf up there, but it’s his body and he says he’s not all that concerned.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)