Apr 30, 2012, 5:45 PM EST
UPDATE: And now it’s official. Pelfrey will undergo Tommy John surgery tomorrow.
Pelfrey pitched well through three starts, including eight innings of one-run ball his last time out, but was diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament earlier this week.
Surgery would knock him out for the entire season and perhaps part of 2013 as well, likely ending his Mets career after seven years and 149 starts. He’ll be under team control via arbitration next season, but because Pelfrey is making $5.8 million this year and can only take a 20 percent pay cut he’ll almost surely be non-tendered.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 54
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 20
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)