Apr 30, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
There was guardedly optimistic news last month when it was learned that Victor Martinez didn’t need a complete ACL reconstruction and thus would not need the entire year to rehab from his knee injury.
Add this on to the pile of good news:
Victor Martinez is in the clubhouse today.Says doctors say there is a “good chance” he could be back in September.
— Mario Impemba (@mario_impemba) April 30, 2012
I’m guessing the Tigers recent struggles aren’t gonna keep them from cruising to the division title. I mean really, as bad a week or so as it has been and they’re still only one game back? They’re gonna be fine. As such, having V-Mart back as an extra bat for the playoffs could be a nice boost for Detroit.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 12
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 34
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)