Apr 30, 2012, 5:33 PM EST
There was guardedly optimistic news last month when it was learned that Victor Martinez didn’t need a complete ACL reconstruction and thus would not need the entire year to rehab from his knee injury.
Add this on to the pile of good news:
Victor Martinez is in the clubhouse today.Says doctors say there is a “good chance” he could be back in September.
— Mario Impemba (@mario_impemba) April 30, 2012
I’m guessing the Tigers recent struggles aren’t gonna keep them from cruising to the division title. I mean really, as bad a week or so as it has been and they’re still only one game back? They’re gonna be fine. As such, having V-Mart back as an extra bat for the playoffs could be a nice boost for Detroit.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)