Apr 30, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
There was guardedly optimistic news last month when it was learned that Victor Martinez didn’t need a complete ACL reconstruction and thus would not need the entire year to rehab from his knee injury.
Add this on to the pile of good news:
Victor Martinez is in the clubhouse today.Says doctors say there is a “good chance” he could be back in September.
— Mario Impemba (@mario_impemba) April 30, 2012
I’m guessing the Tigers recent struggles aren’t gonna keep them from cruising to the division title. I mean really, as bad a week or so as it has been and they’re still only one game back? They’re gonna be fine. As such, having V-Mart back as an extra bat for the playoffs could be a nice boost for Detroit.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 4
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 28
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)