Apr 30, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
There was guardedly optimistic news last month when it was learned that Victor Martinez didn’t need a complete ACL reconstruction and thus would not need the entire year to rehab from his knee injury.
Add this on to the pile of good news:
Victor Martinez is in the clubhouse today.Says doctors say there is a “good chance” he could be back in September.
— Mario Impemba (@mario_impemba) April 30, 2012
I’m guessing the Tigers recent struggles aren’t gonna keep them from cruising to the division title. I mean really, as bad a week or so as it has been and they’re still only one game back? They’re gonna be fine. As such, having V-Mart back as an extra bat for the playoffs could be a nice boost for Detroit.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 14
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)