Apr 30, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
There was guardedly optimistic news last month when it was learned that Victor Martinez didn’t need a complete ACL reconstruction and thus would not need the entire year to rehab from his knee injury.
Add this on to the pile of good news:
Victor Martinez is in the clubhouse today.Says doctors say there is a “good chance” he could be back in September.
— Mario Impemba (@mario_impemba) April 30, 2012
I’m guessing the Tigers recent struggles aren’t gonna keep them from cruising to the division title. I mean really, as bad a week or so as it has been and they’re still only one game back? They’re gonna be fine. As such, having V-Mart back as an extra bat for the playoffs could be a nice boost for Detroit.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (353)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (194)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)