May 1, 2012, 8:22 AM EST
Someone seems a bit surly.
Before last night’s Angels-Twins game, the Angels hitters and hitting coach Mickey Hatcher had their usual pre-series meeting. During the meeting Albert Pujols stood up and said some inspiring words of some kind about how he’s going to turn it around and go team and all of that.
That’s cool. Good to see the big man keep his confidence up. Angels hitting coach Mickey Hatcher thought it was good too, and he told the media about it after the game. Then someone asked Albert about it. Scott Miller of CBS Sports.com tells us, however, that Pujols wasn’t too happy:
“Mickey should have never told you guys that,” Pujols said. “That stuff needs to be private. He should have never told the media. What we talked about at the meeting, not disrespecting Mickey, but that stuff should stay behind closed doors.”
Pujols said he intends to speak with Hatcher about the matter.
Jeez, lighten up, Frances.
In other news: Emo Albert.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)