May 1, 2012, 8:22 AM EDT
Someone seems a bit surly.
Before last night’s Angels-Twins game, the Angels hitters and hitting coach Mickey Hatcher had their usual pre-series meeting. During the meeting Albert Pujols stood up and said some inspiring words of some kind about how he’s going to turn it around and go team and all of that.
That’s cool. Good to see the big man keep his confidence up. Angels hitting coach Mickey Hatcher thought it was good too, and he told the media about it after the game. Then someone asked Albert about it. Scott Miller of CBS Sports.com tells us, however, that Pujols wasn’t too happy:
“Mickey should have never told you guys that,” Pujols said. “That stuff needs to be private. He should have never told the media. What we talked about at the meeting, not disrespecting Mickey, but that stuff should stay behind closed doors.”
Pujols said he intends to speak with Hatcher about the matter.
Jeez, lighten up, Frances.
In other news: Emo Albert.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 52
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (265)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)