May 1, 2012, 8:22 AM EST
Someone seems a bit surly.
Before last night’s Angels-Twins game, the Angels hitters and hitting coach Mickey Hatcher had their usual pre-series meeting. During the meeting Albert Pujols stood up and said some inspiring words of some kind about how he’s going to turn it around and go team and all of that.
That’s cool. Good to see the big man keep his confidence up. Angels hitting coach Mickey Hatcher thought it was good too, and he told the media about it after the game. Then someone asked Albert about it. Scott Miller of CBS Sports.com tells us, however, that Pujols wasn’t too happy:
“Mickey should have never told you guys that,” Pujols said. “That stuff needs to be private. He should have never told the media. What we talked about at the meeting, not disrespecting Mickey, but that stuff should stay behind closed doors.”
Pujols said he intends to speak with Hatcher about the matter.
Jeez, lighten up, Frances.
In other news: Emo Albert.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (143)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)