May 1, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Evan Longoria’s knee injury is scary for the Rays, but Joe Maddon is calling it a day-to-day thing. Nevertheless, the Rays are taking no chances with it, so he’ll have an MRI in Tampa today.
Longoria has started the year strong, hitting .325/.432/.563 with four homers and 19 RBI. If he’s lost for any significant time, it’s bad news for Tampa Bay
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 20
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48