May 1, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
Affeldt is in the final season of a three-year, $14 million deal and tossed 11 innings with a 4.09 ERA and 10/4 K/BB ratio in a setup role.
One-time Mariners top prospect turned minor-league journeyman Travis Blackley was called up from Triple-A to take his spot on the roster and in the bullpen. Blackley debuted for Seattle in 2004 as a 21-year-old before injuries derailed his career, but was fantastic at Triple-A this season with a 0.39 ERA and 19/3 K/BB ratio in 23 innings.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 0
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)