May 1, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
Affeldt is in the final season of a three-year, $14 million deal and tossed 11 innings with a 4.09 ERA and 10/4 K/BB ratio in a setup role.
One-time Mariners top prospect turned minor-league journeyman Travis Blackley was called up from Triple-A to take his spot on the roster and in the bullpen. Blackley debuted for Seattle in 2004 as a 21-year-old before injuries derailed his career, but was fantastic at Triple-A this season with a 0.39 ERA and 19/3 K/BB ratio in 23 innings.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 24
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)