May 1, 2012, 5:45 PM EST
Affeldt is in the final season of a three-year, $14 million deal and tossed 11 innings with a 4.09 ERA and 10/4 K/BB ratio in a setup role.
One-time Mariners top prospect turned minor-league journeyman Travis Blackley was called up from Triple-A to take his spot on the roster and in the bullpen. Blackley debuted for Seattle in 2004 as a 21-year-old before injuries derailed his career, but was fantastic at Triple-A this season with a 0.39 ERA and 19/3 K/BB ratio in 23 innings.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)