May 1, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
UPDATE: Francisco must be feeling better now, because he’s available out of the bullpen tonight.
For now the Mets are sticking with Frank Francisco as closer despite his 7.71 ERA, but the right-hander was unavailable last night due to hamstring tightness that manager Terry Collins believes could be related to the high altitude in Colorado.
Collins speculated to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York that Francisco was dehydrated due to the altitude and that led to his hamstring acting up a day after the Mets’ series in Colorado ended.
Now they’re in Houston, but Collins indicated that Francisco may be unavailable again tonight. Last night with the bullpen short-handed Manny Acosta was asked to pitch a second inning of relief and coughed up the go-ahead run in the eighth inning.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)