May 1, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
UPDATE: Francisco must be feeling better now, because he’s available out of the bullpen tonight.
For now the Mets are sticking with Frank Francisco as closer despite his 7.71 ERA, but the right-hander was unavailable last night due to hamstring tightness that manager Terry Collins believes could be related to the high altitude in Colorado.
Collins speculated to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York that Francisco was dehydrated due to the altitude and that led to his hamstring acting up a day after the Mets’ series in Colorado ended.
Now they’re in Houston, but Collins indicated that Francisco may be unavailable again tonight. Last night with the bullpen short-handed Manny Acosta was asked to pitch a second inning of relief and coughed up the go-ahead run in the eighth inning.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Sadly, it is not Rudy Law. Though it is one of his teammates.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
The Orioles’ slugger got a 25 suspension for taking the drug without an exemption in 2014. He’ll be back on it in 2015.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:35 PM EST
According to CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman, the Orioles, Reds, and Mariners are among the possible landing spots for the 32-year-old free agent corner outfielder.
Dec 17, 2014, 10:18 PM EST
Jeff Samardzija, former Cubs starter and recent White Sox trade acquisition, was welcomed back to the Windy City prior to Tuesday night’s NHL game between the Chicago Blackhawks and visiting Minnesota Wild …
Dec 17, 2014, 9:24 PM EST
David Hernandez looked like a non-tender candidate after undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in April, but the Diamondbacks decided to keep him around …
Dec 17, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Marlins, Braves, and Giants have all expressed interest in free agent starter Jake Peavy …
Dec 17, 2014, 7:02 PM EST
From CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman comes word that the Royals have agreed to terms on a two-year, $20 million free agent contract with Edinson Volquez.
Dec 17, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
A three-team, 11-player trade has been agreed upon between the Rays, Padres, and Nationals. It centers around outfielder Wil Myers.
Dec 17, 2014, 5:08 PM EST
He is expected to be able to resume baseball activities before Spring Training begins.
Dec 17, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
One-time Red Sox prospect trying to snag a bench gig.
Dec 17, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
If you don’t love Pedro Martinez there is no helping you.
Dec 17, 2014, 2:51 PM EST
Sticking together after seven seasons.
Dec 17, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
The pitcher denies there were issues. But now he’s off to Boston, so I guess it doesn’t matter.
Dec 17, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
Wil Myers’ replacement in Tampa Bay?
Dec 17, 2014, 12:53 PM EST
And if it blows up, it could impact the Jimmy Rollins trade too.
Dec 17, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
The Sox are getting themselves a handy reliever.
Dec 17, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Seattle is looking for right-handed bats.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:53 AM EST
Right team, even if he picked the wrong position.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
They’re getting lots of calls on him, though.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
It appears as though it’ll only be a two-team trade, with Myers heading to San Diego.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 87
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)