May 1, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
Jason Heyward missed last night’s game with an oblique injury and he’s out of the Braves’ lineup again tonight, with David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reporting that the right fielder is “still a little sore.”
Heyward told O’Brien that he’s now aiming to return Thursday, but players are often proven to be way, way too optimistic when it comes to oblique injury timetables.
Prior to the injury Heyward was off to a solid start following an extremely disappointing 2011 season, hitting .273 with a .783 OPS and eight steals in 22 games.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17