May 1, 2012, 4:20 PM EST
Jason Heyward missed last night’s game with an oblique injury and he’s out of the Braves’ lineup again tonight, with David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reporting that the right fielder is “still a little sore.”
Heyward told O’Brien that he’s now aiming to return Thursday, but players are often proven to be way, way too optimistic when it comes to oblique injury timetables.
Prior to the injury Heyward was off to a solid start following an extremely disappointing 2011 season, hitting .273 with a .783 OPS and eight steals in 22 games.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)