May 1, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Last month longtime reader Arun Gupta went back and counted them up and he found 26 DUI arrests dating back to 2004. He has a list of them here.
Not all of them resulted in convictions for drunk driving. Many of them resulted in plea deals to lesser charges, as is often the case with DUIs. At least one of the players — Derek Lowe — had the charges dropped.
But it’s also the case that Delmon Young has yet to be convicted of anything — his next court date is May 29 — and he too could have the charges against him reduced, pleaded out or dropped, yet he has still been suspended.
The DUI guys, though? Not much discipline in there.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 11
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)