May 1, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Last month longtime reader Arun Gupta went back and counted them up and he found 26 DUI arrests dating back to 2004. He has a list of them here.
Not all of them resulted in convictions for drunk driving. Many of them resulted in plea deals to lesser charges, as is often the case with DUIs. At least one of the players — Derek Lowe — had the charges dropped.
But it’s also the case that Delmon Young has yet to be convicted of anything — his next court date is May 29 — and he too could have the charges against him reduced, pleaded out or dropped, yet he has still been suspended.
The DUI guys, though? Not much discipline in there.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 13
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)