May 1, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Last month longtime reader Arun Gupta went back and counted them up and he found 26 DUI arrests dating back to 2004. He has a list of them here.
Not all of them resulted in convictions for drunk driving. Many of them resulted in plea deals to lesser charges, as is often the case with DUIs. At least one of the players — Derek Lowe — had the charges dropped.
But it’s also the case that Delmon Young has yet to be convicted of anything — his next court date is May 29 — and he too could have the charges against him reduced, pleaded out or dropped, yet he has still been suspended.
The DUI guys, though? Not much discipline in there.
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 26
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 113
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 5
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (113)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)