May 1, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Last month longtime reader Arun Gupta went back and counted them up and he found 26 DUI arrests dating back to 2004. He has a list of them here.
Not all of them resulted in convictions for drunk driving. Many of them resulted in plea deals to lesser charges, as is often the case with DUIs. At least one of the players — Derek Lowe — had the charges dropped.
But it’s also the case that Delmon Young has yet to be convicted of anything — his next court date is May 29 — and he too could have the charges against him reduced, pleaded out or dropped, yet he has still been suspended.
The DUI guys, though? Not much discipline in there.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)