May 1, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
Carp began the season as Seattle’s starting left fielder, but lasted just one game before suffering a shoulder injury and has been on the DL since.
If his shoulder is healthy Carp can provide a nice boost to the always needy Mariners lineup, as he hit .276 with 12 homers and a .791 OPS in 79 games for Seattle last season and has consistently posted strong numbers at Triple-A. However, his .137 batting average while rehabbing in the minors suggests he might not be totally healed.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)