May 1, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Carp began the season as Seattle’s starting left fielder, but lasted just one game before suffering a shoulder injury and has been on the DL since.
If his shoulder is healthy Carp can provide a nice boost to the always needy Mariners lineup, as he hit .276 with 12 homers and a .791 OPS in 79 games for Seattle last season and has consistently posted strong numbers at Triple-A. However, his .137 batting average while rehabbing in the minors suggests he might not be totally healed.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 11
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 49
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)