May 1, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Carp began the season as Seattle’s starting left fielder, but lasted just one game before suffering a shoulder injury and has been on the DL since.
If his shoulder is healthy Carp can provide a nice boost to the always needy Mariners lineup, as he hit .276 with 12 homers and a .791 OPS in 79 games for Seattle last season and has consistently posted strong numbers at Triple-A. However, his .137 batting average while rehabbing in the minors suggests he might not be totally healed.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)