May 1, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Carp began the season as Seattle’s starting left fielder, but lasted just one game before suffering a shoulder injury and has been on the DL since.
If his shoulder is healthy Carp can provide a nice boost to the always needy Mariners lineup, as he hit .276 with 12 homers and a .791 OPS in 79 games for Seattle last season and has consistently posted strong numbers at Triple-A. However, his .137 batting average while rehabbing in the minors suggests he might not be totally healed.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 2
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 113
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 3
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (118)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)