May 1, 2012, 10:40 PM EDT
Orioles outfielder Nolan Reimold is off to a scorching start this season, batting .313 with a .627 slugging percentage, five home runs and 10 RBI through his first 69 plate appearances. But all of those good vibes are going to have to be put on hold.
According to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, Reimold was diagnosed with a bulging disk in his back during a visit Tuesday with team physicians.
The injury is causing uncomfortable tingling in his fingertips, and could keep him out of the Orioles’ starting lineup for the rest of this week.
Reimold burst onto the major league scene in 2009, posting a promising .831 OPS, 15 home runs and 45 RBI in his first 104 games. The 28-year-old has been trying to match that level of production ever since.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)