May 1, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Reimold recently missed time with a neck injury and the Orioles fear the two issues may be connected, with manager Buck Showalter telling Kubatko that “there could be something compressing against a nerve, like you’d get with a spasm.”
For now Reimold will avoid the disabled list and the Orioles will play with a 24-man roster. It’s another tough break for Reimold, who was finally getting back on track after two injury wrecked seasons by hitting .313 with five homers and a .960 OPS through 16 games.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead