May 1, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Reimold recently missed time with a neck injury and the Orioles fear the two issues may be connected, with manager Buck Showalter telling Kubatko that “there could be something compressing against a nerve, like you’d get with a spasm.”
For now Reimold will avoid the disabled list and the Orioles will play with a 24-man roster. It’s another tough break for Reimold, who was finally getting back on track after two injury wrecked seasons by hitting .313 with five homers and a .960 OPS through 16 games.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)