May 1, 2012, 9:28 PM EDT
The move means that Farnsworth, who was originally placed on the 15-day disabled list April 5, won’t be eligible to return to the Rays’ bullpen until June 5.
Fernando Rodney will continue to handle ninth-inning duties, and has a real opportunity to simply run away with the gig. He has a 0.87 ERA in 10 1/3 innings thus far while going 7-for-7 in save chances.
Farnsworth’s injury is a right elbow strain. He is expected to embark on a throwing program soon.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)