May 1, 2012, 7:43 PM EDT
Good news on the Ryan Zimmerman front.
According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, the injured third baseman reported feeling “great” after playing catch Tuesday afternoon at Nationals Park and is aiming to return to the starting lineup for Sunday night game’s against the division rival Phillies (which is going to be broadcast on ESPN).
Zimmerman was placed on the disabled list (retroactive to April 21) due to right elbow soreness.
The 27-year-old owns a .224/.324/.345 batting line, one homer and seven RBI in 15 games this season.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup