May 1, 2012, 7:43 PM EDT
Good news on the Ryan Zimmerman front.
According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, the injured third baseman reported feeling “great” after playing catch Tuesday afternoon at Nationals Park and is aiming to return to the starting lineup for Sunday night game’s against the division rival Phillies (which is going to be broadcast on ESPN).
Zimmerman was placed on the disabled list (retroactive to April 21) due to right elbow soreness.
The 27-year-old owns a .224/.324/.345 batting line, one homer and seven RBI in 15 games this season.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 34
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 90
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)