May 1, 2012, 7:43 PM EDT
Good news on the Ryan Zimmerman front.
According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, the injured third baseman reported feeling “great” after playing catch Tuesday afternoon at Nationals Park and is aiming to return to the starting lineup for Sunday night game’s against the division rival Phillies (which is going to be broadcast on ESPN).
Zimmerman was placed on the disabled list (retroactive to April 21) due to right elbow soreness.
The 27-year-old owns a .224/.324/.345 batting line, one homer and seven RBI in 15 games this season.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)