May 1, 2012, 7:43 PM EDT
Good news on the Ryan Zimmerman front.
According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, the injured third baseman reported feeling “great” after playing catch Tuesday afternoon at Nationals Park and is aiming to return to the starting lineup for Sunday night game’s against the division rival Phillies (which is going to be broadcast on ESPN).
Zimmerman was placed on the disabled list (retroactive to April 21) due to right elbow soreness.
The 27-year-old owns a .224/.324/.345 batting line, one homer and seven RBI in 15 games this season.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)