May 1, 2012, 7:43 PM EDT
Good news on the Ryan Zimmerman front.
According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, the injured third baseman reported feeling “great” after playing catch Tuesday afternoon at Nationals Park and is aiming to return to the starting lineup for Sunday night game’s against the division rival Phillies (which is going to be broadcast on ESPN).
Zimmerman was placed on the disabled list (retroactive to April 21) due to right elbow soreness.
The 27-year-old owns a .224/.324/.345 batting line, one homer and seven RBI in 15 games this season.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)