May 1, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
How long does preseason hype last? For TV ratings, longer than you might think. Because despite a dreadful start to the season, a lot more people are watching Royals games this year than last:
The Royals’ recent turnaround is providing a ratings boost for Fox Sports Kansas City, which reported a season-high 5.9 rating for its telecast of Sunday’s game at Minnesota. It was the highest-rated Royals’ telecast on FSKC since May 17, 2009. FSKC is averaging a 4.3 rating overall this season, which represents a 10 percent increase over last season through the same number of telecasts.
Imagine what’ll happen when all of the promise turns into actual results.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 3
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 9
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles