May 1, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
How long does preseason hype last? For TV ratings, longer than you might think. Because despite a dreadful start to the season, a lot more people are watching Royals games this year than last:
The Royals’ recent turnaround is providing a ratings boost for Fox Sports Kansas City, which reported a season-high 5.9 rating for its telecast of Sunday’s game at Minnesota. It was the highest-rated Royals’ telecast on FSKC since May 17, 2009. FSKC is averaging a 4.3 rating overall this season, which represents a 10 percent increase over last season through the same number of telecasts.
Imagine what’ll happen when all of the promise turns into actual results.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 36
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 175
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (180)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)