May 1, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
How long does preseason hype last? For TV ratings, longer than you might think. Because despite a dreadful start to the season, a lot more people are watching Royals games this year than last:
The Royals’ recent turnaround is providing a ratings boost for Fox Sports Kansas City, which reported a season-high 5.9 rating for its telecast of Sunday’s game at Minnesota. It was the highest-rated Royals’ telecast on FSKC since May 17, 2009. FSKC is averaging a 4.3 rating overall this season, which represents a 10 percent increase over last season through the same number of telecasts.
Imagine what’ll happen when all of the promise turns into actual results.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)