May 2, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Albert Pujols has now gone 96 at-bats without a home run this season, the second-most in a single season in his career (he went 105 at-bats last year). From Elias: Pujols’ homerless streak is the third-longest streak to start a season by a player who had at least 400 career home runs entering the seasons. Only Eddie Murray (109 in 1996) and Ken Griffey Jr. (98 in 2010) had longer streaks.
Not to be too dire about this, but both Murray and Griffey had giant forks sticking out of their bats when they had their streaks.
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him