May 2, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Albert Pujols has now gone 96 at-bats without a home run this season, the second-most in a single season in his career (he went 105 at-bats last year). From Elias: Pujols’ homerless streak is the third-longest streak to start a season by a player who had at least 400 career home runs entering the seasons. Only Eddie Murray (109 in 1996) and Ken Griffey Jr. (98 in 2010) had longer streaks.
Not to be too dire about this, but both Murray and Griffey had giant forks sticking out of their bats when they had their streaks.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59