May 2, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
The Phillies beat the Braves without Jim Thome — and without an extra bat on the bench — last night. But they decided today that they’re not going to keep trying to do that. Thome was placed on the DL this morning with a bad back, which he tweaked while sliding into second base on Saturday.
Which just goes to show you: Jim Thome should not be sliding into second base under any circumstances. He should be mashing taters, trotting and giving out high fives. That’s all.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 35
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 4
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)