May 2, 2012, 11:09 PM EST
From Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer comes word that new Indians left fielder Johnny Damon made a premature exit from Wednesday’s game against the White Sox due to what is being described as “general cramping.”
Damon officially joined the Indians on Tuesday and was making his Cleveland debut tonight. The 38-year-old finished 0-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout.
Cramping is usually a day-to-day thing, but there’s been no word from the Tribe about the severity of it.
- Report: D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 27
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 1
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 36
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)