May 2, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
Luebke has a sore elbow, but Dan Hayes of the North County Times reports that the Padres “are encouraged by his progress” and hope he can return from the backdated DL stint when eligible next week.
Luebke was never considered a top prospect and didn’t get an extended opportunity in the majors until last season at age 26, but he’s quietly posted a 3.25 ERA and 195/58 K/BB ratio in 185 innings spread over 25 starts and 30 relief appearances.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)