May 2, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
Luebke has a sore elbow, but Dan Hayes of the North County Times reports that the Padres “are encouraged by his progress” and hope he can return from the backdated DL stint when eligible next week.
Luebke was never considered a top prospect and didn’t get an extended opportunity in the majors until last season at age 26, but he’s quietly posted a 3.25 ERA and 195/58 K/BB ratio in 185 innings spread over 25 starts and 30 relief appearances.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11