May 2, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
Luebke has a sore elbow, but Dan Hayes of the North County Times reports that the Padres “are encouraged by his progress” and hope he can return from the backdated DL stint when eligible next week.
Luebke was never considered a top prospect and didn’t get an extended opportunity in the majors until last season at age 26, but he’s quietly posted a 3.25 ERA and 195/58 K/BB ratio in 185 innings spread over 25 starts and 30 relief appearances.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 2
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 17
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)