May 2, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers new owners took out a full page ad/open letter to fans in the L.A. Times today. My favorite part is when they reference the old Dodgers players. Though really, you had best name-check Pedro Guerrero, because he was awesome.
Anyway, this is it:
Dear Dodger Fans,
As the new owners of the Dodgers, we accept this responsibility with great humility and appreciation.
This team is a community treasure. The title of ownership is merely a statement on paper. This team belongs to you. It belongs to everyone who has dared to love Dodgers Baseball with passion.
The Dodgers have built a tradition of excellence — legends like Robinson and Newcombe, Koufax and Drysdale, Garvey, Cey, Lopes and Russell, Valenzuela and Hershiser, Alston and Lasorda, Scully and Jarrin.
The tradition of excellence continues with the Dodger greats of today. We are committed to building the next dynasty and strengthening Dodger price.
We will preserve yesterday’s traditions and create tomorrow’s memories. Our leadership team will work tirelessly to make our great fans feel appreciated — whether you come to Dodger Stadium or whether we come to you in the community.
Thank you for your love of the Game. Thank you for always believing in this team. And thank you for being the best fans in baseball.
We are ready to get to work. See you at Dodger Stadium!
The Guggenheim Baseball Management Team
Mark Walter, Peter Gruber, Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Todd Boehly, Stan Kasten, Bobby Patton
And, just for old time’s sake:
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 4
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (87)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)