May 2, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers new owners took out a full page ad/open letter to fans in the L.A. Times today. My favorite part is when they reference the old Dodgers players. Though really, you had best name-check Pedro Guerrero, because he was awesome.
Anyway, this is it:
Dear Dodger Fans,
As the new owners of the Dodgers, we accept this responsibility with great humility and appreciation.
This team is a community treasure. The title of ownership is merely a statement on paper. This team belongs to you. It belongs to everyone who has dared to love Dodgers Baseball with passion.
The Dodgers have built a tradition of excellence — legends like Robinson and Newcombe, Koufax and Drysdale, Garvey, Cey, Lopes and Russell, Valenzuela and Hershiser, Alston and Lasorda, Scully and Jarrin.
The tradition of excellence continues with the Dodger greats of today. We are committed to building the next dynasty and strengthening Dodger price.
We will preserve yesterday’s traditions and create tomorrow’s memories. Our leadership team will work tirelessly to make our great fans feel appreciated — whether you come to Dodger Stadium or whether we come to you in the community.
Thank you for your love of the Game. Thank you for always believing in this team. And thank you for being the best fans in baseball.
We are ready to get to work. See you at Dodger Stadium!
The Guggenheim Baseball Management Team
Mark Walter, Peter Gruber, Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Todd Boehly, Stan Kasten, Bobby Patton
And, just for old time’s sake:
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)