May 2, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers new owners took out a full page ad/open letter to fans in the L.A. Times today. My favorite part is when they reference the old Dodgers players. Though really, you had best name-check Pedro Guerrero, because he was awesome.
Anyway, this is it:
Dear Dodger Fans,
As the new owners of the Dodgers, we accept this responsibility with great humility and appreciation.
This team is a community treasure. The title of ownership is merely a statement on paper. This team belongs to you. It belongs to everyone who has dared to love Dodgers Baseball with passion.
The Dodgers have built a tradition of excellence — legends like Robinson and Newcombe, Koufax and Drysdale, Garvey, Cey, Lopes and Russell, Valenzuela and Hershiser, Alston and Lasorda, Scully and Jarrin.
The tradition of excellence continues with the Dodger greats of today. We are committed to building the next dynasty and strengthening Dodger price.
We will preserve yesterday’s traditions and create tomorrow’s memories. Our leadership team will work tirelessly to make our great fans feel appreciated — whether you come to Dodger Stadium or whether we come to you in the community.
Thank you for your love of the Game. Thank you for always believing in this team. And thank you for being the best fans in baseball.
We are ready to get to work. See you at Dodger Stadium!
The Guggenheim Baseball Management Team
Mark Walter, Peter Gruber, Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Todd Boehly, Stan Kasten, Bobby Patton
And, just for old time’s sake:
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 35
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)