May 3, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Coco Crisp has had a hell of a couple of weeks. He missed missed seven games because of a virus, came back last night, went 0 for 4 and then had to leave the game early because of head congestion and dizziness and stuff.
The A’s have been hoping they don’t have to DL him, but it sounds like Crisp needs to shake the crud before he can be useful to them. Michael Taylor is expected to replace him until he can come back. Which, thanks to playing last night, is gonna have to be the full 15 days if the DL him as opposed to being able to do it retroactively.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 38
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)