May 3, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Coco Crisp has had a hell of a couple of weeks. He missed missed seven games because of a virus, came back last night, went 0 for 4 and then had to leave the game early because of head congestion and dizziness and stuff.
The A’s have been hoping they don’t have to DL him, but it sounds like Crisp needs to shake the crud before he can be useful to them. Michael Taylor is expected to replace him until he can come back. Which, thanks to playing last night, is gonna have to be the full 15 days if the DL him as opposed to being able to do it retroactively.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)