May 3, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Coco Crisp has had a hell of a couple of weeks. He missed missed seven games because of a virus, came back last night, went 0 for 4 and then had to leave the game early because of head congestion and dizziness and stuff.
The A’s have been hoping they don’t have to DL him, but it sounds like Crisp needs to shake the crud before he can be useful to them. Michael Taylor is expected to replace him until he can come back. Which, thanks to playing last night, is gonna have to be the full 15 days if the DL him as opposed to being able to do it retroactively.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 30
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)