May 3, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Coco Crisp has had a hell of a couple of weeks. He missed missed seven games because of a virus, came back last night, went 0 for 4 and then had to leave the game early because of head congestion and dizziness and stuff.
The A’s have been hoping they don’t have to DL him, but it sounds like Crisp needs to shake the crud before he can be useful to them. Michael Taylor is expected to replace him until he can come back. Which, thanks to playing last night, is gonna have to be the full 15 days if the DL him as opposed to being able to do it retroactively.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 33
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)