May 3, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
Eric Chavez has a pretty rich injury history, but this one is a lot different than a bum shoulder or knee or something. He left last night’s Yankees-Orioles game in the middle of an at bat due to what is being called whiplash and concussion symptoms.
After taking a called strike two, Chavez attempted to set himself in the batter’s box but called time and appeared to steady himself by grabbing his left thigh. He tried to steady himself again then stepped out. Chavez needed to be helped off the field and paused before being helped down the dugout steps.
He was taken to the hospital for head and spine scans and had not returned before the team left the ballpark and the reporters went home.
One has to assume he’ll be put on the disabled list, even if it’s only on the seven-day concussion list. At least one hopes that’s all this is.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)