May 3, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
We’ve been talking about this for months, but that first Phillies-in-DC weekend is upon us, and so we revisit the whole idea of Phillies fans invading Nationals Park and people in Washington getting bent out of shape about it.
Back in February we learned of the Nats’ efforts to combat the invading horde. Now, according to the Nats, it’s gone official:
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) May 3, 2012
An official proclamation from the mayor. Wow.
I just wonder if it ever occurred to people in Washington that if, you know, no one ever complained about all the Phillies fans that maybe this wouldn’t be that big a thing. How many tickets have been sold to these guys simply because they know it annoys the Nats fans?
Oh well. Have fun, everyone.
(h/t DC Sports Bog)
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 34
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 68
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)