May 3, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
We’ve been talking about this for months, but that first Phillies-in-DC weekend is upon us, and so we revisit the whole idea of Phillies fans invading Nationals Park and people in Washington getting bent out of shape about it.
Back in February we learned of the Nats’ efforts to combat the invading horde. Now, according to the Nats, it’s gone official:
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) May 3, 2012
An official proclamation from the mayor. Wow.
I just wonder if it ever occurred to people in Washington that if, you know, no one ever complained about all the Phillies fans that maybe this wouldn’t be that big a thing. How many tickets have been sold to these guys simply because they know it annoys the Nats fans?
Oh well. Have fun, everyone.
(h/t DC Sports Bog)
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 20
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)