May 3, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
We’ve been talking about this for months, but that first Phillies-in-DC weekend is upon us, and so we revisit the whole idea of Phillies fans invading Nationals Park and people in Washington getting bent out of shape about it.
Back in February we learned of the Nats’ efforts to combat the invading horde. Now, according to the Nats, it’s gone official:
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) May 3, 2012
An official proclamation from the mayor. Wow.
I just wonder if it ever occurred to people in Washington that if, you know, no one ever complained about all the Phillies fans that maybe this wouldn’t be that big a thing. How many tickets have been sold to these guys simply because they know it annoys the Nats fans?
Oh well. Have fun, everyone.
(h/t DC Sports Bog)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69