May 3, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
We’ve been talking about this for months, but that first Phillies-in-DC weekend is upon us, and so we revisit the whole idea of Phillies fans invading Nationals Park and people in Washington getting bent out of shape about it.
Back in February we learned of the Nats’ efforts to combat the invading horde. Now, according to the Nats, it’s gone official:
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) May 3, 2012
An official proclamation from the mayor. Wow.
I just wonder if it ever occurred to people in Washington that if, you know, no one ever complained about all the Phillies fans that maybe this wouldn’t be that big a thing. How many tickets have been sold to these guys simply because they know it annoys the Nats fans?
Oh well. Have fun, everyone.
(h/t DC Sports Bog)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (135)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)