May 3, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
We’ve been talking about this for months, but that first Phillies-in-DC weekend is upon us, and so we revisit the whole idea of Phillies fans invading Nationals Park and people in Washington getting bent out of shape about it.
Back in February we learned of the Nats’ efforts to combat the invading horde. Now, according to the Nats, it’s gone official:
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) May 3, 2012
An official proclamation from the mayor. Wow.
I just wonder if it ever occurred to people in Washington that if, you know, no one ever complained about all the Phillies fans that maybe this wouldn’t be that big a thing. How many tickets have been sold to these guys simply because they know it annoys the Nats fans?
Oh well. Have fun, everyone.
(h/t DC Sports Bog)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 0
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 61
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 29
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (157)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)