May 3, 2012, 12:58 PM EST
Bad news for the Panda. That injury from last night is not good:
CONFIRMED: Pablo Sandoval has fractured his left hamate bone. Last year he missed 6 weeks and 41 games.
— Henry Schulman (@hankschulman) May 3, 2012
No one ever needs this. But the Giants, especially, didn’t need this given their offensive deficiencies. Sandoval was hitting .316/.375/.537 with five homers and 15 driven in.
UPDATE: Andrew Baggarly has more at CSNBayArea.com. Sandoval will have surgery Friday. And today is the one-year anniversary of his surgery on his other hamate bone.
Pablo’s Hamate bone: ”Oh Pablo! You remembered!”
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 39
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 89
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)