May 3, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
Bad news for the Panda. That injury from last night is not good:
CONFIRMED: Pablo Sandoval has fractured his left hamate bone. Last year he missed 6 weeks and 41 games.
— Henry Schulman (@hankschulman) May 3, 2012
No one ever needs this. But the Giants, especially, didn’t need this given their offensive deficiencies. Sandoval was hitting .316/.375/.537 with five homers and 15 driven in.
UPDATE: Andrew Baggarly has more at CSNBayArea.com. Sandoval will have surgery Friday. And today is the one-year anniversary of his surgery on his other hamate bone.
Pablo’s Hamate bone: “Oh Pablo! You remembered!”
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 27
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 41
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)