May 3, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
UPDATE: The worst fears are realized: broken hamate bone. He’s likely to miss several weeks.
10:00 AM: This could be bad news for the Giants: a team that already struggles to score runs could be without their biggest offensive threat for a while.
“He took a swing and had quite a bit of pain and had to come out,” Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. “We’ll know more [Thursday]. There’s a lot of concern here. We know what this guy means to our club and our offense.”
He had a brace on it after the game. If he and his .316/.375/.537 line are gone for any extended time, the Giants are gonna have some problems.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 0
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 36
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)