May 3, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
UPDATE: The worst fears are realized: broken hamate bone. He’s likely to miss several weeks.
10:00 AM: This could be bad news for the Giants: a team that already struggles to score runs could be without their biggest offensive threat for a while.
“He took a swing and had quite a bit of pain and had to come out,” Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. “We’ll know more [Thursday]. There’s a lot of concern here. We know what this guy means to our club and our offense.”
He had a brace on it after the game. If he and his .316/.375/.537 line are gone for any extended time, the Giants are gonna have some problems.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 14
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 57
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)