May 3, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
UPDATE: The worst fears are realized: broken hamate bone. He’s likely to miss several weeks.
10:00 AM: This could be bad news for the Giants: a team that already struggles to score runs could be without their biggest offensive threat for a while.
“He took a swing and had quite a bit of pain and had to come out,” Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. “We’ll know more [Thursday]. There’s a lot of concern here. We know what this guy means to our club and our offense.”
He had a brace on it after the game. If he and his .316/.375/.537 line are gone for any extended time, the Giants are gonna have some problems.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)