May 3, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
This is one of those deals where the headline has all of the information we know, but whatever. Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com:
One day after failing to protect a six-run lead, Phillies ace Roy Halladay is not with the club for Thursday’s game against Atlanta. According to sources, Halladay is tending to a personal family issue. Sources say the pitcher is healthy.
Not a good couple of days for Halladay. Hope all is well with the guy and his family.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 20
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)