May 3, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
This is one of those deals where the headline has all of the information we know, but whatever. Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com:
One day after failing to protect a six-run lead, Phillies ace Roy Halladay is not with the club for Thursday’s game against Atlanta. According to sources, Halladay is tending to a personal family issue. Sources say the pitcher is healthy.
Not a good couple of days for Halladay. Hope all is well with the guy and his family.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)