May 3, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that there was some thought given to having Braun sit out last night to rest the injury, but instead he started the game and then had to leave after limping off the field in the sixth inning.
After the game Braun told McCalvy that the injury isn’t serious and he can rest up today because the Brewers aren’t playing, but his sore Achilles’ tendon adds to a rough week for the Brewers that has already included season-ending surgery for Chris Narveson and what is likely a season-ending knee injury for Mat Gamel.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 4
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 19
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 37
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (186)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)