May 3, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that there was some thought given to having Braun sit out last night to rest the injury, but instead he started the game and then had to leave after limping off the field in the sixth inning.
After the game Braun told McCalvy that the injury isn’t serious and he can rest up today because the Brewers aren’t playing, but his sore Achilles’ tendon adds to a rough week for the Brewers that has already included season-ending surgery for Chris Narveson and what is likely a season-ending knee injury for Mat Gamel.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 9
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 61
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 68
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)