May 3, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that there was some thought given to having Braun sit out last night to rest the injury, but instead he started the game and then had to leave after limping off the field in the sixth inning.
After the game Braun told McCalvy that the injury isn’t serious and he can rest up today because the Brewers aren’t playing, but his sore Achilles’ tendon adds to a rough week for the Brewers that has already included season-ending surgery for Chris Narveson and what is likely a season-ending knee injury for Mat Gamel.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)