May 3, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that there was some thought given to having Braun sit out last night to rest the injury, but instead he started the game and then had to leave after limping off the field in the sixth inning.
After the game Braun told McCalvy that the injury isn’t serious and he can rest up today because the Brewers aren’t playing, but his sore Achilles’ tendon adds to a rough week for the Brewers that has already included season-ending surgery for Chris Narveson and what is likely a season-ending knee injury for Mat Gamel.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)