May 3, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that there was some thought given to having Braun sit out last night to rest the injury, but instead he started the game and then had to leave after limping off the field in the sixth inning.
After the game Braun told McCalvy that the injury isn’t serious and he can rest up today because the Brewers aren’t playing, but his sore Achilles’ tendon adds to a rough week for the Brewers that has already included season-ending surgery for Chris Narveson and what is likely a season-ending knee injury for Mat Gamel.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)