May 3, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Called up Tuesday because the Red Sox needed some infield depth with Kevin Youkilis hurting but still on the active roster, Jose Iglesias is reportedly being sent back to Triple-A without getting into a game.
Youkilis was placed on the disabled list yesterday, with prospect Will Middlebrooks coming up from Triple-A to replace him at third base, which allows Nick Punto to remain in a backup role and made Iglesias superfluous.
And he certainly has plenty of work to do in the minors still, as the slick-fielding shortstop has hit just .229 with a .283 on-base percentage and .258 slugging percentage in 123 games for Pawtucket.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 13
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 45
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)