May 3, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Called up Tuesday because the Red Sox needed some infield depth with Kevin Youkilis hurting but still on the active roster, Jose Iglesias is reportedly being sent back to Triple-A without getting into a game.
Youkilis was placed on the disabled list yesterday, with prospect Will Middlebrooks coming up from Triple-A to replace him at third base, which allows Nick Punto to remain in a backup role and made Iglesias superfluous.
And he certainly has plenty of work to do in the minors still, as the slick-fielding shortstop has hit just .229 with a .283 on-base percentage and .258 slugging percentage in 123 games for Pawtucket.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy