May 4, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Darn. Mere hours after I started a push to get closer implosions called “Marmols,” the new stat’s namesake loses his job. David Kaplan of CSNChicago.com reports:
Marmol officially informed by Dale Sveum that he is out as Cubs closer. No defined role as of yet.
— David Kaplan (@thekapman) May 4, 2012
I guess they go with, who, Rafael Dolis? That’s kind of scary given his low strikeout rate, but I’m not sure that they have any better options.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)