May 4, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
Eldred was called up last week after absolutely destroying Triple-A pitching and manager Jim Leyland talked about “running him out there” to see if he could provide some power, but he’s a 31-year-old journeyman with a sub par track record in the majors and obviously the Tigers weren’t exactly committed to giving him an extended look.
Leyland has already said that Young won’t immediately rejoin the starting lineup because he hasn’t been with the team in a week and the manager first wants him to get some practice reps. And of course Young was also hitting just .242 with a .644 OPS in 18 games before being arrested in New York last Thursday night/Friday morning on assault and hate crime charges.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)