May 4, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
Probably never a good idea to make life decisions within 24 hours of something bad happening, but Mariano Rivera has earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants to do:
Mariano: “I am coming back. Write it down in big letters. … I’m not going out like this.”
— Mark Feinsand (@BloggingBombers) May 4, 2012
Thank you fans, friends and family for your prayers, well wishes and support. I will be ok.I will be back.
— Mariano Rivera (@MarianoRivera) May 4, 2012
Wow. And while it is somewhat shocking to see him say it so forcefully so soon after his injury, is there any doubt in the world that he can? He is still in peak condition, even at his age. And he is still the best reliever in baseball.
Can’t wait for the return.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)