May 4, 2012, 10:23 PM EDT
No, not a typo. Apparently Tigers fans call it that when Jhonny Peralta hits a walkoff homer. The stuff I learn by having a girlfriend who roots for Detroit. Ain’t it adorable?
The game was tied at two before Gordon Beckham hit a two-run homer in the seventh. But Detroit got one back the next inning when Miguel Cabrera drove one in. Then in the ninth, Alex Avila‘s hit a single before Peralta ended it with a homer to right, giving the Tigers a 5-4 win.
Fun: For the second time in the past week (that I saw anyway), Jim Leyland pinch-ran Gerald Laird for Alex Avila (it was Laird who came around to score on the homer). Query: is Gerald Laird really faster than Avila? I kinda doubt it. And by pinch running, you lose one of your better hitters in Avila if the game goes into extras. Not sure I get it.
Not that it mattered tonight. Or, should I say, tohnight.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?