May 4, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
after missing the past three games with back stiffness, Josh Hamilton is back in the Rangers’ lineup as they take on the Indians. But …
Adrian Beltre is not playing because of general soreness.
True fact: “General Soreness” was going to be the new COBRA bad guy if the old “G.I.:Joe” cartoon had been renewed for an extra season.
Um, anyway, Beltre did some working out this afternoon and is probably OK. Just needs a bit more rest. He should still play in the Indians series.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 21
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)