May 4, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
after missing the past three games with back stiffness, Josh Hamilton is back in the Rangers’ lineup as they take on the Indians. But …
Adrian Beltre is not playing because of general soreness.
True fact: “General Soreness” was going to be the new COBRA bad guy if the old “G.I.:Joe” cartoon had been renewed for an extra season.
Um, anyway, Beltre did some working out this afternoon and is probably OK. Just needs a bit more rest. He should still play in the Indians series.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 60
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)