May 4, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
after missing the past three games with back stiffness, Josh Hamilton is back in the Rangers’ lineup as they take on the Indians. But …
Adrian Beltre is not playing because of general soreness.
True fact: “General Soreness” was going to be the new COBRA bad guy if the old “G.I.:Joe” cartoon had been renewed for an extra season.
Um, anyway, Beltre did some working out this afternoon and is probably OK. Just needs a bit more rest. He should still play in the Indians series.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 14
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)