May 4, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
after missing the past three games with back stiffness, Josh Hamilton is back in the Rangers’ lineup as they take on the Indians. But …
Adrian Beltre is not playing because of general soreness.
True fact: “General Soreness” was going to be the new COBRA bad guy if the old “G.I.:Joe” cartoon had been renewed for an extra season.
Um, anyway, Beltre did some working out this afternoon and is probably OK. Just needs a bit more rest. He should still play in the Indians series.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)