May 4, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Adam Kilgore spoke with Nats GM Mike Rizzo, who is apparently boycotting the movie “Moneyball.” Why, Mike?
Rizzo on boycotting the movie Moneyball: “It depicts baseball people as dummies who sit in a room and spit tobacco and say stupid things.”
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) May 4, 2012
Or, I suppose it’s possible that it depicts a man with whom you made a major trade this past offseason as really smart, but if you want to get all upset that a couple of old baseball guys with dated ideas actually existed and were depicted on film, hey, don’t let anyone stop you.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11