May 4, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
Adam Kilgore spoke with Nats GM Mike Rizzo, who is apparently boycotting the movie “Moneyball.” Why, Mike?
Rizzo on boycotting the movie Moneyball: “It depicts baseball people as dummies who sit in a room and spit tobacco and say stupid things.”
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) May 4, 2012
Or, I suppose it’s possible that it depicts a man with whom you made a major trade this past offseason as really smart, but if you want to get all upset that a couple of old baseball guys with dated ideas actually existed and were depicted on film, hey, don’t let anyone stop you.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)