May 4, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Adam Kilgore spoke with Nats GM Mike Rizzo, who is apparently boycotting the movie “Moneyball.” Why, Mike?
Rizzo on boycotting the movie Moneyball: “It depicts baseball people as dummies who sit in a room and spit tobacco and say stupid things.”
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) May 4, 2012
Or, I suppose it’s possible that it depicts a man with whom you made a major trade this past offseason as really smart, but if you want to get all upset that a couple of old baseball guys with dated ideas actually existed and were depicted on film, hey, don’t let anyone stop you.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 101
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 1
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 25
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (100)