May 4, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Spilborghs spent six seasons with the Rockies as a semi-regular, but was non-tendered in December and then failed to win a spot on the Indians’ bench after signing a minor-league deal.
He was hitting just .250 with a .675 OPS in 21 games at Triple-A for the Indians and remains off the 40-man roster for the Rangers, so at age 32 his odds of returning to the majors are looking slim.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)