May 4, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Spilborghs spent six seasons with the Rockies as a semi-regular, but was non-tendered in December and then failed to win a spot on the Indians’ bench after signing a minor-league deal.
He was hitting just .250 with a .675 OPS in 21 games at Triple-A for the Indians and remains off the 40-man roster for the Rangers, so at age 32 his odds of returning to the majors are looking slim.
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 0
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 35
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)