May 4, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Francisco Cordero has struggled as the Blue Jays’ fill-in closer, but he may only have to do the job for another couple weeks.
Santos has been out since April 21 and in his absence Cordero has blown two of four save chances with a 7.20 ERA. Toronto made it very clear all along that Santos would remain the full-time closer whenever he returned and Cordero’s performance certainly hasn’t done anything to change those plans.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)