May 4, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Remember the Albert Pujols Countdown? It was a single-serving website created by Matt Sebek, counting down how long it would be until the then-Cardinals superstar was a free agent. It pretty much lost its purpose as of last October and it was unlikely we’d ever see it again.
But it has been resurrected. And this is just cold, ya’ll.
Sometimes I wonder if, when he returns to being amazing, Albert Pujols will spare any of us who mocked him in order to serve as living lessons to anyone who would dare doubt him. Then I just resign myself to the notion that, no, he will kill us all.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 23
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)