The Albert Pujols Countdown returns

May 4, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim's first baseman Pujols watches the field during their spring training game at Tempe Diablo Stadium in Arizona

Remember the Albert Pujols Countdown?  It was a single-serving website created by Matt Sebek, counting down how long it would be until the then-Cardinals superstar was a free agent.  It pretty much lost its purpose as of last October and it was unlikely we’d ever see it again.

But it has been resurrected.  And this is just cold, ya’ll.

Sometimes I wonder if, when he returns to being amazing, Albert Pujols will spare any of us who mocked him in order to serve as living lessons to anyone who would dare doubt him.  Then I just resign myself to the notion that, no, he will kill us all.

1. WhenMattStairsIsKing - May 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Matt Sebek = douche.

• aceshigh11 - May 4, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I concur with your analysis, good sir.

• nixonotis - May 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Ditto.

• brokea$$lovesmesomeme - May 4, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I’ve searched my cold black heart and cant see anything wrong with mocking AP of course I laugh and snicker at things others wouldn’t.
      Lets hear what KaufaxMitzvah has to say about it before we pass judgement though.

• shea801 - May 5, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I disagree. I follow him on twitter and I’m very rarely disappointed.

And that countdown is hilarious.

• doslea33 - May 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM

You need to get a sense of humor.

• shoemda - May 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM

No way is he a douche. A douche would have said Pujols batting average dropping below .200 has introduced a new term into baseball lore – The Mangdoza Line. Never mind, he did that too.

2. proudlycanadian - May 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM

To paraphrase Len. “Leave Pujols alone”. I do not want him to wake up until after the Jays leave Anaheim.

3. sir1389 - May 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM

he is just a machine after all. our petty pleas for mercy will fall on the deaf ears of our eventual metal overlords.

4. rosesacl - May 4, 2012 at 6:19 PM

photo is horrendous…

5. okwhitefalcon - May 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM

This AP parody twitter account is fucking hysterical, highly recommended reading:

• okwhitefalcon - May 4, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I suspect Sebek is behind it as well…

• sir1389 - May 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I agree that is ridiculously funny.

6. phillip3 - May 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I agree with Proudlycanadian. I don’t want him to get hot while the Jays are in town. Morrow sock it to him last night. He should have stayed with the Cardinals.

7. stex52 - May 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM

We are rapidly becoming the “All Albert, all the time” blog. Last time I checked there were 30 teams with 40 men each on their rosters. How about we come up with some more stories, some of them good for a change? Enough with the Schadenfreude.

8. chumthumper - May 6, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I really hated that he left my Cardinals and I have little sympathy for his current problems. But I do think he will break out of it eventually, just not to the level he is accustomed to. Now that he is in that other league, so what.

Do Royals or A's have the edge tonight?
  1. D. Jeter (3565)