May 4, 2012, 10:47 PM EST
The Colt .45 throwbacks are not accurate and not feasible for permanent use. The Rainbow Warrior jerseys of the lates 70s and early 80s are really ugly and dated, no matter how fondly and/or ironically we recall them.
But seriously: give me one friggin’ good reason why the Astros should not go with the throwbacks they wore tonight as their full-time official uniform next year:
Those are AMAZING. They have the star-H cap logo, which is just perfect. The colors are great. The jersey logo is admittedly a bit nostalgic/dated, but not terribly so. It’s hard to not like a shooting star.
Really, give me one good reason they shouldn’t keep these bad boys.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 18
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 32
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)