May 4, 2012, 10:47 PM EDT
The Colt .45 throwbacks are not accurate and not feasible for permanent use. The Rainbow Warrior jerseys of the lates 70s and early 80s are really ugly and dated, no matter how fondly and/or ironically we recall them.
But seriously: give me one friggin’ good reason why the Astros should not go with the throwbacks they wore tonight as their full-time official uniform next year:
Those are AMAZING. They have the star-H cap logo, which is just perfect. The colors are great. The jersey logo is admittedly a bit nostalgic/dated, but not terribly so. It’s hard to not like a shooting star.
Really, give me one good reason they shouldn’t keep these bad boys.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)