May 4, 2012, 10:47 PM EDT
The Colt .45 throwbacks are not accurate and not feasible for permanent use. The Rainbow Warrior jerseys of the lates 70s and early 80s are really ugly and dated, no matter how fondly and/or ironically we recall them.
But seriously: give me one friggin’ good reason why the Astros should not go with the throwbacks they wore tonight as their full-time official uniform next year:
Those are AMAZING. They have the star-H cap logo, which is just perfect. The colors are great. The jersey logo is admittedly a bit nostalgic/dated, but not terribly so. It’s hard to not like a shooting star.
Really, give me one good reason they shouldn’t keep these bad boys.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)