May 4, 2012, 10:47 PM EDT
The Colt .45 throwbacks are not accurate and not feasible for permanent use. The Rainbow Warrior jerseys of the lates 70s and early 80s are really ugly and dated, no matter how fondly and/or ironically we recall them.
But seriously: give me one friggin’ good reason why the Astros should not go with the throwbacks they wore tonight as their full-time official uniform next year:
Those are AMAZING. They have the star-H cap logo, which is just perfect. The colors are great. The jersey logo is admittedly a bit nostalgic/dated, but not terribly so. It’s hard to not like a shooting star.
Really, give me one good reason they shouldn’t keep these bad boys.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17