May 4, 2012, 10:47 PM EDT
The Colt .45 throwbacks are not accurate and not feasible for permanent use. The Rainbow Warrior jerseys of the lates 70s and early 80s are really ugly and dated, no matter how fondly and/or ironically we recall them.
But seriously: give me one friggin’ good reason why the Astros should not go with the throwbacks they wore tonight as their full-time official uniform next year:
Those are AMAZING. They have the star-H cap logo, which is just perfect. The colors are great. The jersey logo is admittedly a bit nostalgic/dated, but not terribly so. It’s hard to not like a shooting star.
Really, give me one good reason they shouldn’t keep these bad boys.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)