May 4, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Since he’s still being paid $9 million this year by Anaheim, I’ll assume this is a minimum dollars deal. If Abreu can flash some of his historically good on base ability, he could be a useful bench bat. If, however, his current line of .208/.259/.333 is the new normal, well, no.
But really, it’s a no-risk move for the Dodgers.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17