May 5, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Credit the L.A. Times for that new nickname. But their headline writer and Mike DiGiovanna are only working off the reality on the ground:
The boos in Angel Stadium could be heard clearly after his sixth-inning strikeout Friday night, and they grew even louder and longer after he grounded out to third base in the bottom of the ninth.
And why were the booing? Because Albert Pujols took yet another 0 for 4 and the Angels were shut out by Blue Jays pitching for the second straight game. Last night it was Henderson Alvarez, who needed only 97 pitches as he six-hit the punchless Angels.
Mike Scioscia says he may sit Pujols for tonight’s game so he can clear his head. That’s great. But what does he do to clear the heads of the other 12 position players on the roster who can’t hit a lick?
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)