May 5, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Credit the L.A. Times for that new nickname. But their headline writer and Mike DiGiovanna are only working off the reality on the ground:
The boos in Angel Stadium could be heard clearly after his sixth-inning strikeout Friday night, and they grew even louder and longer after he grounded out to third base in the bottom of the ninth.
And why were the booing? Because Albert Pujols took yet another 0 for 4 and the Angels were shut out by Blue Jays pitching for the second straight game. Last night it was Henderson Alvarez, who needed only 97 pitches as he six-hit the punchless Angels.
Mike Scioscia says he may sit Pujols for tonight’s game so he can clear his head. That’s great. But what does he do to clear the heads of the other 12 position players on the roster who can’t hit a lick?
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (87)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)